NCERT Solutions in Biology for class 11
Mock Tests in structural organisation in animals.
Click here for Mock Tests in structural organisation in animals for preparation of NEET 2021 exams and CBSE Exams.
Biology Class 11 Chapter 7.
Excercises and solutions in Chapter 7 Biology Class 11
- Answer in one word or one line.
(i) Give the common name of Periplanata americana.
(ii) How many spermathecae are found in earthworm?
(iii) What is the position of ovaries in cockroach?
(iv) How many segments are present in the abdomen of cockroach?
(v) Where do you find Malpighian tubules?
- Answer the following:
(i) What is the function of nephridia?
(ii) How many types of nephridia are found in earthworm based on
- Draw a labelled diagram of the reproductive organs of an earthworm.
- Draw a labelled diagram of alimentary canal of a cockroach.
- Distinguish between the followings
(a) Prostomium and peristomium
(b) Septal nephridium and pharyngeal nephridium
- What are the cellular components of blood?
- What are the following and where do you find them in animal body.
(c) Ciliated epithelium
- Describe various types of epithelial tissues with the help of labelled diagrams.
- Distinguish between
(a) Simple epithelium and compound epithelium
(b) Cardiac muscle and striated muscle
(c) Dense regular and dense irregular connective tissues
(d) Adipose and blood tissue
(e) Simple gland and compound gland
- Mark the odd one in each series:
(a) Areolar tissue; blood; neuron; tendon
(b) RBC; WBC; platelets; cartilage
(c) Exocrine; endocrine; salivary gland; ligament
(d) Maxilla; mandible; labrum; antennae
(e) Protonema; mesothorax; metathorax; coxa
- Match the terms in column I with those in column II:
Column I Column II
(a) Compound epithelium (i) Alimentary canal
(b) Compound eye (ii) Cockroach
(c) Septal nephridia (iii) Skin
(d) Open circulatory system (iv) Mosaic vision
(e) Typhlosole (v) Earthworm
(f) Osteocytes (vi) Phallomere
(g) Genitalia (vii) Bone
- Mention breifly about the circulatory system of earthworm
- Draw a neat diagram of digestive system of frog.
- Mention the function of the following
(a) Ureters in frog
(b) Malpighian tubules
(c) Body wall in earthworm